February 28th, 2009
If you want to bake something light and good for breakfast, this is the recipe which you may like to try.
Let’s make Sugar Donut Muffins:
Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
1. In large bowl sugar and egg.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Beat sugar and egg until light in color.
4. Pour flour mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine.
5. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
6. Divide batter into 10 muffin cups.
7. Bake at 350F = 170C for 15 – 18 minutes.
9. Brush top with melted butter.
10. Roll in sugar cinnamon mixture.
Sugar Donut Muffins
|3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
|Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Fill with water the two empty spaces in the pan.
Bake for 15 – 18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack